Sunday, October 30, 2011

All Bark and No Bite

I love trying new recipes.  I especially like quick and easy ones.  This one is especially quick and easy.

Cake Batter Chocolate Bark

What does that mean?  Think chocolate bark.  Maybe you've had it before?  Raisins or nuts mixed with milk or dark chocolate is probably the most common variety.  Or maybe you've had white chocolate with some crushed candy canes mixed in (perfect for Christmas).  Now think cake batter.  Ever had cake batter ice cream?  Like that.  Mix the two together and you get Cake Batter Chocolate Bark.

I found this fantastic idea on How Sweet It Is.  It was super easy to make and took about 30 minutes to whip up (including clean up time).  Also, it only had 4 ingredients.

You can go here to get the recipe.  It's very simple and easy to follow.  You'll need:

White chocolate & dark chocolate melting chocolate wafers (you should probably taste a few just to make sure the chocolate is safe to use).


Sprinkles


Cake mix


Melt the chocolate & spread it on a cookie sheet.  First the dark...


Then the white...


But mix the cake mix into the white chocolate before you spread it on the dark chocolate.


Then sprinkle away!


Once cooled, break into pieces.


For some reason all my dark chocolate separated from the white chocolate when I broke it up.  I followed the recipe instructions to put the chocolate in the freezer between layers but maybe it was too cold?  Or maybe I didn't spread it thinly enough.  In any case it's still chocolate.  And it's still delicious.  Maybe you could try mixing the sprinkles into the white chocolate too as a lot of them fell off as I was breaking the bark up.  My counter looked like the murder scene of a clown.  Seriously.


In any case, this is delicious.  And highly recommended.  If you know how to keep your chocolate in one piece let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment